Saturday 17 April 2010

June 11th 5047 BC - 07:06

Yesterday goes down as the strangest day ever, and that's coming from someone living on a gigantic boat full of beasts that can't swimeth on a world almost completely covered in water! We were sitting down eating our dinner as usual; I was telling the story of Adam and Eve and their troublesome kids for the umpteenth time, when all of a sudden there was a knock on the door! You could have heard a very small beast that creepeth drop! At first I thought it was Ham playing another one of his practical jokes, but he was there at the table with the rest of us. We sat looking at each other in silence, mouths and eyes wide open. Then came another knock. I said "Err... who is it?", but no answer, only another knock. "Well open it for heaven's sake," my wife blurted, "it might be God!" "God doesn't need to knock on the door!" I replied. Then we started arguing about why God wouldn't use the door, and it was only another knock that stopped us having a real family furore. I reluctantly got up and opened the door, and there was a young couple standing there, soaking wet. I have to admit that I didn't really notice him, but I definitely noticed her! I may be old, but I haven't lost my eye for a pretty lady! Anyway, it turned out that they were already on a boat when the flood started (apparently some kind of romantic celebration of their wedding) and they'd been on it all this time, unware that the world was being completely flooded! I'm not sure how they could be that much unaware, but who am I to judge newlyweds? Anyway, there was me thinking we were the only people left in the world! After everyone had gone to bed, I asked God if he'd considered the fact that some people may be on boats, and therefore not really affected by a flood all that much, and He said "Err, *ahem*, yes, of course!" Frankly I'm not convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment