Thursday 1 April 2010

May 28th 5047 BC (supplemental)

I keep thinking back to the people who didn't make it. I guess they're ancient history now. They all laughed when I told them of an impending flood that will cover the Earth, and I guess I would have laughed too, had it not been for God giving me the nod the way he did. Anyway, I guess I'm having the last laugh now. Come to think of it, it was kind of strange God telling me to build a big boat and to gather a male and a female of all beasts that creepeth, crawleth, flyeth, and generally run around a loteth. He said: "Noah, I want you to build a boat". I said "What colour?". He said "It doesn't matter - just make sure it's really big". He is so wise.

Of course, when He said it needed to be big enough for 7 of every kind of clean beast and 2 of every kind of unclean beast (although to be perfectly honest they all seem unclean to me, couped up in this gigantic wooden box), and then gave me instructions on making it 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high, I had the idea that we would have a lot of room to move around. I mean, I'd only ever seen a few different kinds of animals and birds - I thought that's all we had to accommodate! I had no idea there were so many different animals from other places! Who's ever heard of a hippopotamus?

No comments:

Post a Comment