Thursday 22 April 2010

June 16th 5047 BC - 20:57

This afternoon I ran my 'insurance' idea past Hapheth, who's usually got his head screwed on more-or-less right. Unfortunately he didn't like it very much. He actually said that never in the history of the world has he heard such a ludicrous idea. I argued that the history of the world was pretty short, all things considered. He went on to say that the concept sounded like extortion, and God would surely have left me behind and turned me into a pillar of some plentiful mineral if he'd thought I was planning such a criminal endeavour, and such a fate would certainly await any man who would dare try such a thing. Hapheth certainly has a colourful imagination! He's probably right though; it just seemed like a good idea at the time. On the upside, it's good to know that God will always be there to punish all wrongdoers with with his wrath and anger. On the downside, I've got to make sure I'm never one of them! Thinking about it, it's not all that obvious what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'. It might be quite helpful if God gave us a comprehensive set of laws that we can follow to the letter, to make sure we're never bad and never get punished again. Ok, maybe not actual laws, but an extensive set of rules would be fine. Ok, perhaps rules would be a bit on the restrictive side. Now I think about it, a few guidelines would be more than sufficient! Definitely no more than ten...

No comments:

Post a Comment